First Aid at Work (FAW) Course from Train2Excel
Under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, employers have an obligation to make adequate and appropriate First Aid Provision for their workforce.
This 3 day course is for employees who are required to provide immediate care and advice within the workplace in accordance with current Health and Safety at Work legislation.
HSE Recognised This is a Health & Safety Executive recognised course which fully complies with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Course Syllabus First Aid at Work (FAW) competencies:
- Aims and Rules of First Aid at Work (FAW)
- Basic Life Support Treatment of the unconscious casualty
- Treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Treatment of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries Treatment of burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treatment of common major and minor illnesses
- Prevention of cross-infection during First Aid at Work (FAW) procedures
- Emergency transport of casualties
- Legal aspects of First Aid at Work (FAW)
- First Aid at Work (FAW) Course Certificate
After successful completion of the course and a final practical assessment, the student will be awarded a HSE Certificate which is valid for 3 years.